The following assets are some of the exempt assets from Medicaid qualifications:
- 1. Homestead:
- - so long as the well spouse continues to reside there.
- - if there is an "intent-to-return" by the applicant.
- - if a dependent SSI-disabled child lives there.
- 2. Certain Retirement Accounts.
- 3. Trade or Business Property.
- 4. Irrevocable burial contracts.
- 5. $2,500 designated for burial expenses
- 6. Irrevocable burial contracts, bank accounts designated for burial by notation in the title, or life insurance policies.
- 7. One burial plot per family member.
- 8. Other property if rented or listed for sale at fair market value.
- 9. One Vehicle
- 10. Additional vehicle(s) - if seven or more years old, except if is a luxury model, an antique or customized.
- 11. Life insurance - with zero cash value - or if - with cash value - the total face value of all life insurance policies is less than $2,500.
- 12. Life estate interest in real property.
- 13. Certain annuities.
- 14. One wedding ring.
[/pb_text][pb_divider el_title="Divider 1" div_border_width="3" div_border_style="ridge" div_border_color="#E0DEDE" appearing_animation="0" ][/pb_divider][/pb_column][/pb_row]